Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bummer Sale

We're selling about 80% of all our possessions in order to live in a RV.  It's February.  In Ohio.  It's freezing.  It's snowy.  We can not have outdoor garage sales right now so I attempted to have an indoor sale in our house today.  I'm apart of several Facebook shopping groups...much like craigslist, but just on Facebook.  People sell items and search for items to buy on these Facebook pages.  I advertised the sale on these pages as well as my own Facebook page.  I had people send me private messages for our address.  Forty-eight people requested our address so that they could come to the sale.  Guess how many showed up?  TWO.  TWO whole people.  (Well, one of them brought a friend, but she didn't count).  TWO people came out of 48.  Although only two people came, we still made $58.00!  I thought that was pretty good!  And this is why I'm trying to sell our stuff 3.5 months before we are to move.  It's going to take a long time to get rid of everything.  Anybody need a shower curtain?  Or a rug?  Or some curtains?    :-)


This is only some of the items for sale!  

No comments:

Post a Comment