Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week In-Review 3/2 - 3/8

This was a busy week for us.

Sunday 3/2
I worked at church this day until 12:15.  Henry went to his 2nd job at 4:30.  I started painting our master bathroom thinking I would just tape it off and do the trim.  I ended up going ahead and just finishing it all by 9:00 pm.  I learned that it takes more time to tape off and trim a bathroom than it does to roll it.  (I did slice my finger open on the shower head...don't ask...which resulted in me not being able to hand wash dishes or even wash my hands for 4 days because it was such a deep cut).


Master bathroom is now painted!  Paint color is 'Parchment Paper' by Olympic.  I like their low VOC paint.  On the color sample card, the color did not look white.  As I started to paint, the color just looked white.  Then I realized, "Well, parchment paper is white."  After the paint dried, though, it has a yellow tint.  Whatever.  It's painted.  Done.  


Monday 3/3
This morning I woke up, rubbed my eyes with my caked-on dried paint fingers which resulted in me getting a dried spec of paint stuck underneath my eye lid...like it implanted itself and wanted to stay for eternity.  Wild how a tiny spec of paint in your eye feels like a huge rock in your eye.   Sage had an appointment to get his teeth cleaned.  Henry came and met me at the dentist to take Sage home so that I could go to my eye doctor to have the paint removed from my eye.  I also made another trip to Lowe's to get more paint.   Home to do schoolwork with Sage.

Tuesday 3/4
I have no memory of this day!  Ha!  Must have been a normal, quiet day.

Wednesday 3/5
This day, 7 people came to our house through-out the day to buy some of our household goods/toys.  We also had an auto glass repair company come to our house to replace our windshield in our van, but only to find out they brought the wrong glass (because I answered a question wrong when I made the appointment).  I also painted the boy's bathroom this day.

Boy's bathroom is now painted too! 
 I just used the same 'Parchment Paper' color in here too.  


Thursday 3/6
This is our homeschool co-op day.  Sage takes a 'Aspiring Authors' class as well as a 'Writing with Legos' class.  Scott takes a 'Seasonal Storytime' class (which is basically a preschool class).  We then rushed home, ate lunch, then I took Scott to his 'real' preschool.  (He goes to his 'real' preschool Monday-Friday, but the bus usually picks him up and drops him off at home).  Then, I had a dentist appointment to have a cavity filled.  Then off to the library and Kroger to get party supplies.  Then home to do schoolwork with Sage...and it was only 2:00 in the afternoon by this time.  Then the guys came back to replace the van windshield for real this time.  Then I went to a friend's house to pick-up packing materials.  While Scott was in the bathtub, I cleaned his room and his bathroom.  The boys (including Henry!) cleaned the basement after bath time.  Oh...and we let Sage open up his birthday gift from us which was a Go-Pro camera!  His birthday is not until the 12th, but he is having a sleep-over with his neighborhood buddies on the 7th so we wanted him to  learn how to use his camera for it.



Friday 3/7
This morning we were out the door early to make it to Children's Hospital for a 9:15 am dermatology appointment for Scott.  He has a mastocytoma on his leg...which is basically kinda sorta like a birthmark that should disappear when he hits puberty.  They just measure it and take pictures of it.  He actually 'graduated'...they told him they no longer need him to come in to have it monitored.  Yay!  Then to Wendy's for a super quick lunch in the van.  Then, I dropped Scott off at preschool, then went and picked up Sage's cake for his sleepover.  Home to clean the basement bathroom, do dishes, boxed up all the items for sale that have been sitting in our living room, and ran to Walgreens to pick up Redbox movies.  I made a dinner of fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, and carrots for all of Sage's buddies that came over for the sleep-over (Sage requested this dinner).
The boys doing a 'Picture Search' at the dermatologist.


Sage's 9th Birthday Cake (Picture on cake was taken last summer).
These are his bestest friends, and they all live in our neighborhood.  He is going to miss them like crazy when we move.  


Having dinner together.  


I have learned that girls have 'slumber parties'.  Boys have 'sleep-overs'.  


Pokemon is all the rage.


Cake Time!  They all ate someone's head.  


Fun times!


Pancake/sausage breakfast


Saturday, March 8
After getting a total of 5 hours of sleep, the boys were back at full force playing like their lives depended on it at 7:00 am.  I made them a breakfast of pancakes and sausage.  Then at 10:00 am, they all made their way home.  Henry then went outside and took our Christmas lights down.  Yes, I just said 'took our Christmas lights down'.  Ha!  It's either been beyond freezing, ice covered, snow covered, or we have just simply been too busy to take them down.  Thank you for being so patient with us, neighbors.  While he did that, the boys played outside with the neighbors.  I made a Target, bank, and Kroger stop.  Back home to scarf down some lunch, then off to another birthday party!  A boy that was at Sage's sleep-over had a bowling party on this day...so the boys got to see each other more!  It was a fun party!

Bowling party!


They might have been a little tired from the sleepover the night before!


Home around 5:00 from the party to play with a neighbor friend while I got to visit with the mom. Henry worked his 2nd job this night as well.  I was hoping the boys and I would get to bed 'early', but we didn't hit the hay until 9:00 pm (which yes is early, but I was hoping for earlier...I was soooo tired!)  

Here it is Sunday, March 9th...been up since 5:00 am with a sick, throwing up Sage.  Poor guy hates throwing up...who doesn't, though?!?!  Thankfully, he has peacefully been sleeping for a few hours now.  Got word that 2 other boys from the sleep-over are also sick throwing up this morning. I'm on the 3rd load of laundry, made muffins, have done dishes, and updated this blog. Up next...painting our half bathroom!   I need a nap.  Or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment