Sunday, April 6, 2014

Busy Week

First of all, I'm so happy that I learned to type in high school.   I'm one of those typers who can look away and not watch my fingers while I type.   I can close my eyes and still type.  So excuse me while I take a little kitty cat nap while I type this blog.  I'm exhausted!

This week was a busy week.  Each and every day is filled with getting something checked off our to-do list.  We started off the week, like you saw here, by buying our truck.  We also sold our bedroom set, like you saw here.   I contacted the Realtor that we are going to list the house with (we are renting our house out, not selling it).  We have a goal of listing it in 1-2 weeks.  Our house is in NO way ready to be shown to a potential tenant, so I dread this week of getting things checked off the to-do list.  

If we are friends on Facebook, you read my status about us selling our van.  Within 5 days of posting our van on various sites, a married couple came to see it.  They decided they wanted it after they test drove it.  The deal isn't official just yet because we couldn't find our title which resulted in a 4-hour DMV / credit union trip on Saturday morning.  Finally, we have the title in hand, and our van should be leaving our family for good in the next couple of days.  It's so incredibly hard for me to let it go, but it's going to a wonderful family....Army dad, 6-month pregnant momma with twins (1 boy, 1 girl), and a soon-to-be 3-year-old little girl.  We hope it blesses them with many good times and memories as much as it has us.  

Some other big things left our house this week too.  

GONE


GONE



GONE



GONE



GONE



GONE



On Saturday, I finally drove our new truck with Henry's supervision.  (I actually did drive it before we bought it, but not very far).  We went to a birthday party at an ice skating rink, and I parked way far away from the front door, but I did it!


Sage's first time ice skating.  He liked it! 


Scott's first time ice skating too!  



Then I drove to someone's house and picked up some moving boxes she was giving me.  AND I backed out of her driveway...which was not a straight shot.  Today, I drove it to work/church, and I backed up into a parking spot...and got it perfectly between the lines in the first try!  I may have parked it in the back of the church where no one else was parked, but hey...I did it!  Then, I drove it to Kroger...and yep, gotta park it as far away as possible.  It takes up 2 spots.  Seriously...I'm surprised that people don't need a special license to drive this thing.  I will say it really isn't that bad, though.  You just have to really be aware and think ahead of where you are going to park it.  I do love it.  

Today we went to Lowe's and stocked up on mulch, seed for our yard, paint (yep, more paint), and new rake handle because ours breaks every.single.year.  We trimmed hedges and a tree, raked yucky old leaves, laid mulch, and spread seed.





I finally tackled the mountain of dirty dishes and folded clothes that really should be washed and dried again because they are so incredibly wrinkly from sitting in a basket for so long.  


No comments:

Post a Comment