Thursday, December 18, 2014

Florida is sooooo 1990's: Part 2

I am not a shopper.
My husband thanks me periodically for this.
I'm not a 'girly-girl'.  
I'm not into clothes, purses - or do we call them handbags now?, 
shoes, or make-up.  
I'm not into getting my nails done.
I get my hair trimmed 1-2 times a year.  
I don't color my hair.
I can't wear perfume - it gives me headaches.  
So spending money on myself is pretty rare.  

BUT

I do spend money on good food and on
my boys!

Reason #2 that Florida is behind the times compared to Columbus, OH:

WHERE ARE ALL THE STORES??

Now, I know I could drive an hour to Orlando 
and probably find everything my little heart desires.
Who's got time for that?!?!

Columbus, OH is known for it's shopping.
I'm definitely not a 'mall shopper', but 
Columbus has really, really awesome malls.


Easton Town Centre
This is not a typical mall.
It's made to look like a little town with 
inside shopping and outside shopping...
with cute little streets...
plus lots of yummy restaurants like
Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, 
Cafe Istanbul, Ocean Club, etc.
Some stores include Lego Store, American Girl, 
Nordstorms, Tiffany & Co., Apple, 
Tesla, Gap Kids, Children's Place, etc.

Polaris Fashion Place
This is also an indoor/outdoor mall with
an abundance of stores and restaurants.
It houses my favorite kid clothing store = Crazy 8.

There's also a couple of 'regular shopping malls'.

It's been said that Columbus has a specialized store for everything =
Looking for batteries....there's a store for that.
Looking for beads....there's a store for that.
Looking for scraps of everything...there's a store for that.
Looking for a.....you get the idea.

What do I miss, though, that this part of Florida does not have?


1)  Once Upon a Child (there's no Plato's Closet
 or Clothes Mentor either)
2)  Whole Foods (Columbus has 3)
3) Trader Joes (Columbus has 2)
4) Cato's
5) Target that is closer to us.
6)  Kroger!  (I miss the 'Simple Truth' brand).
7)  Gap, Gap Kids
8) Old Navy
9) Crazy 8
10) Cookie Cutters - hair cut place just for kids
11)  Lakeshore Learning Store

Also, it should be noted that Columbus, OH is home to
Victoria's Secret, Express, and The Limited headquarters

Henry's input on the shopping difference was, 
"The grocery store (Publix) closes at 10:00 pm!"






No comments:

Post a Comment