Thursday, February 26, 2015

Food Allergy & Celiac Convention

On November 22, I attended the Food Allergy & Celiac Convention in Orlando, FL as a volunteer.  

My volunteer title was 'Demo Assistant'.  
However, no presenters needed an assistant so I just got to sit amongst the crowd and enjoy the presentations.  

Well, in theory that's what I could do....
BUT...
I had a SCREAMING migraine.

I was so incredibly nauseous and miserable.  
I actually snuck out early and left.  















In actuality, I think this convention should have just been called the 'Celiac Convention'.  All the vendors were geared towards the celiac customer.  There were 2 nut-free vendors....Enjoy Life and Sunbutter. 

 I think I have been 'awed' so much by the homeschooling convention in Cincinnati, OH.  That was my only experience with a convention.  The homeschooling convention is about 60 times the size of the food allergy one.  BUT....but I am so happy that the 2 woman took upon themselves to get this one started.  It can only grow from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment