Sunday, March 30, 2014

White is the new Orange

Once upon a time, I wanted an orange kitchen.  And boy, did I get an orange kitchen.


Painting in progress...



Not shortly after painting it orange, I no longer wanted it orange.  It just wasn't the 'right' orange...not the orange I had envisioned.  We painted it orange about 4 years ago.  Now that we are moving and having to 'neutralize' our house, we finally painted it again.  However, white was not what I wanted either.  I was struggling with the paint choice.  I had the paint swatches up on the kitchen cabinet for a couple of weeks trying to decide on the most perfect color.  My MIL came to visit, she picked a color within seconds, and solved my indecisive dilemma just like that.  The color is called 'Pearl', and I swear it isn't 'white' on the swatch, but man, on the wall....it is white.  We stuck with the brand we like which is 'Olympic One'...paint and primer in one.  We were ready to have to paint 3 coats of this super light color over the orange, but guess what!?  It only took 1 coat!

Finished product!


It took us 1 day to paint it all (we also had to paint an orange beam in the living room).  Then it took me 1 whole day to scrub it from ceiling to floor with a bleach/water solution.  It was disgusting.  You can now eat off the floor, or the stove, or the cabinets, or off the baseboards, but actually....no eating or breathing is allowed in here for 2 months.  I don't want to have to clean it again.   




No comments:

Post a Comment