Saturday, April 26, 2014

Realtor-Ready

This past Thursday morning, a Realtor / Property Manager came to our house and met with Henry.  (I was at homeschool co-op with the boys).  We're listing our house with him.  We are NOT selling our house.  We are renting it out.  The Realtor will list our house on several online sites, and he will be the one to actually show our house to possible tenants.  He will conduct background checks and credit checks on them.  He will collect the rent payments, and he will also be the guy the tenants call if/when they need something fixed.  So when we are down in Florida (or wherever we are), we won't have to deal with 2:00 am phone calls that they are locked out of our house...or that the toilet is clogged for the 16th time in the week...or the furnace filter needs changed.
We knew that we had quite a bit of stuff left to do before we can turn our keys over to someone else, but when the Realtor left our to-do list grew...with more painting to do!  Our plan is to list our house on May 1st.  Wonder how long it will take to find tenants?

Friday night, Henry and I sat down to go over all the paperwork for our new RV.  Have you ever bought a house?  You remember all that paperwork that you had to sign?  You felt like you were signing your life away?  Yeah, well...when you buy an RV, you have just as much paperwork.  Our heads were spinning.  Needless to say, we had tons of questions for 'our finance guy' at the RV dealership.  So that's what we did...

Saturday morning, we called up 'our finance guy' and asked all our questions...which lead us heading to the bank to get 2 documents notarized.  (SO...basically our RV is ready for us...almost!  They just have to install the generator).  Then, we made a stop at Lowe's to buy a new water heater, salt for our water softener, and filters for our furnace (we stocked up on the salt and filters for our tenants).  We then loaded up our truck and went and got a storage unit.  We made 2 trips to the storage unit, then headed to City Barbeque for dinner.

Climate-controlled storage facility.


Dolly fun!




This is only a 5 X 10 unit.  
Is it all going to fit?!


For all you praying folks, I wanted to ask for prayers for my sweet Nanny and for my mom.  My mom has been taking care of my grandma for 7 years now.  My Nanny is not doing well.  She's been diagnosed with dementia, and she says has trouble swallowing.  She gets in a panic state too often which in-turn scares my mom.  I pray for comfort, peace, and no pain for my Nanny.  I pray for comfort, patience, and strength for my mom.  I wish we could be there to help my mom.  We're trying to figure out how we can go straight to Milwaukee (where my mom lives) once we pick up our RV.

My Nanny and Mom, March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment