Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Vision of the Perfect Day - RV style

So last night, I had trouble falling asleep.  Actually, I didn't, but my night went something like this.  I lay down to go to sleep.  I fall asleep in 1.2 minutes.  Sage wakes me up saying he is scared.  (This is a nightly occurrence).  I just say, "You are fine.  You are safe.  Go to sleep."  I fall asleep within 1.2 minutes again.  Once again I hear, "Mommy, I'm scared."  I say again, "You are fine.  You are safe.  Go to sleep."  Well, he did.  He fell asleep 1.2 minutes later.  I, however, am wide awake now.  So I planned my vision of a perfect day RV style.  ('Cause I really do wonder what we are getting ourselves into!)

My daydream went like this:
We all wake up when we feel like it...'cause that's what we are used to doing.  Henry jumps in the shower while I start breakfast.  Pancakes and bacon 'cause that's their favorite.  The boys get their technology fix during this time while I make breakfast.  We all eat together around our little booth table.  I do the dishes.  Henry heads to work...which is just 3 steps away in our master bedroom.  The boys and I head outside to do a yoga video...OUTSIDE...'cause we have an outdoor flat screen TV.  We then go get our swim suits on and head to the pool for 1-2 hours.  We all get a good dose of vitamin D.  We then go back home (to our RV!) and eat a healthy lunch (all 4 of us together) outside (if it's not too hot).  Next, the boys and I head out the door to go to the local library and refresh our stash of books and movies.  As we drive home, we notice a farmer's market and stop to get some fresh goodies for dinner.  When we are back home, we have quiet time of reading aloud, then alone.  Then, it's time for me to make dinner.  During this time, the boys get to play their video games.  When dinner is ready, Henry is done with work for the day.  We all eat together (outside if it's not too hot).  We all take a bike ride together.  Then, we all take turns taking showers.  Then, we all snuggle together to watch a movie and fall asleep from exhaustion.

(And this obviously is a weekday vision.  If it was the weekend, Henry would not be working.  AND my next daydream will have to involve our family in Florida.  Not used to having family around!).

No comments:

Post a Comment