Thursday, May 22, 2014

I'm getting an RV for my birthday!!

Tomorrow is my birthday!  I LOVE BIRTHDAYS...including my own!  I will be THIRTY-SEVEN....37!!!  Couldn't be happier about that.  People whine and complain so much about turning another year older.  I think they are crazy for whining about something like BEING ALIVE!

GUESS WHERE WE ARE GOING TOMORROW!?!?!  


YES!!!  WE ARE GOING TO PICK UP OUR RV!!!


We didn't plan it that way.  It's just how things have worked out.  When Henry told me last week that he was taking 'next Friday' off of work so we could drive to Indiana to pick up the RV, I had no idea the day would actually be my birthday.  He didn't either!  When I sat down to write on my calendar ('cause I do that...I WRITE things down with a pen...on an actual paper calendar) that we were going to pick up the RV next Friday, I then saw it was my birthday!  How perfect is that?!

A friend/neighbor who is starting up a bakery business is making me some cupcakes.  Vanilla and Chocolate Buttermint ones.  We will eat them in our RV on my birthday!!  I'm so excited about that.  Ha!  

Henry and I have dinner plans for this evening at my favorite restaurant.  He asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  Uh...an RV!  He said, "No, something else."  So I said, "To eat cupcakes in our RV?"  He said, "No, something else."  I said, "Dinner at my favorite restaurant."  So that's what we are doing, but he says he feels like he needs to get me something.  Nah.  I'm good.  

The only stinky part about going to pick up the RV on Friday is that we have to get up at 4:00 in the morning!!!!  Ugh.  Not looking forward to that part.  Why do we have to get up that early?  Because before we are able to bring the RV home, we have to get a hitch installed.  SO...a place in Indiana, not far from the RV dealership, is installing our hitch.  They are open 8-5, and they said that the sooner we drop off our truck, the better because it will take 4 hours for the hitch and about 1 hour for the bed rug to be installed.  It's a 5 hour drive for us there....so we are hoping to get there around 10:00 in the morning.  

Then here's a fun element to this weekend trip.  We will be staying in our RV Friday night ON the dealership lot!!  Not sure how this will work out.  We will have electric since we had a generator installed in our RV, but we will have NO water!  We will take water to drink, but we will have no water for our toilets! And some of you know...I have a hamster-size bladder!  Yeah.  No clue how this is going to work.  It's not like I can go pop a squat in the parking lot.

We are a bit nervous about driving this thing.  Well, Henry's just nervous about having to back it up.  I'm nervous about the whole driving it thing.  We're nervous about it fitting in our neighborhood....as in literally fitting down our streets.   (Don't worry, neighbors!  It will not be here for long!  Promise we are leaving!)  Prayers for safety please!  

Stayed tuned for pictures of our new home!!  


1 comment: