Wednesday, May 21, 2014

We're still here!

We're just plugging along getting closer and closer to our move date...which we have no idea what it is!  We just know we are getting closer to it!

We have had 5 house showings which is way less than we anticipated, but that did include 7-8 people.  There are quite a few calls on it, but our Realtor does a pre-screening over the phone before he agrees to show it.  There have been people with bankruptcy and evictions on their records that he has turned away.  I feel bad for these people.  I really do.  However, we can not, can not, can not afford to do what we are getting ready to do if our tenants do not pay their rent.  SO....we have to be picky.  We also may change our views on 'No Pets' allowed if the right person/family comes along who will take care of the house and pay rent!

When we have house showings scheduled, the last thing I want to do is cook a meal and then clean up after the meal. (Most of the time, the showings are right at meal time...cause it's always meal time!)   We've been eating out more than usual.

Last night, we went to BW3s.  This was the FIRST time we have ever taken our boys there.  With Sage's peanut and tree nut allergy, eating out in restaurants is a bit challenging.  I had heard good things about BW3s being 'good with allergies'.  I first went on their website and found that they displayed allergens for each and every one of their dishes.  I saw that Sage could safely eat there.  Once there, I told our server about his allergies.  She said she wasn't sure about their usage of peanuts or tree nuts, but she would notify the kitchen.  Within a couple of minutes, a manager came over to me with a book (same thing that I had viewed online).  She wanted to make sure that the hamburger bun was safe for Sage since it was manufactured on equipment that uses:
Milk, Eggs, Sesame, Sunflower, Poppy, and other seeds.  We thought that was great that she double-checked like that.  (It was safe).


He wolfed down his cheeseburger!



Scott got the courage up to ask
the hostess for a hat.  
He was nervous, but after
he did it, he said, "That wasn't hard."


For weeks now, I have been putting everything that will be going into the RV into a corner in our living room.  It got to the point where I forgot what exactly was in that pile!  So I drug it all out to make piles for each section of the RV.  (And of course right after I did this we get a call that someone wants to come see our house).



Today was another donation pick-up!  


Today was also lab day for me!
Praying for a clean bill of health
before we take off!
It's almost been 7 years since 
my cancer diagnosis.  
All will be good.  



The boys got bows and arrows for Christmas.
They are just now getting to try them out.
They are both really good!



I highly recommend this archery set.
Easy to use and so far...durable!


I like it, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment