Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 4th Weekend Florida-Style

On July 4th, we headed north to Port Orange, FL.  
We stayed with my in-laws for the weekend.
(We left the RV parked at the campground).


On the way there, we told the boys
that smiles and laughter
were not allowed that day
(we were kidding with them, of course)
which instantly made them
smile and giggle.
(And yes, I made Scott put his seatbelt
over his shoulder right after I took this pic).


Sage got the giggles too!



My MIL and SIL had a barbeque for about 30 people.
Lots of good food from ribs, chicken, 
hot dogs, egg rolls, 
salad, mac n cheese, coleslaw, 
spinach artichoke dip/chips, 
watermelon.  



Dressed in red and blue!



My in-laws have a hot tub, 
and the boys LOVE it!



Tom's friend told us that a good spot
to watch fireworks was the Home Depot
parking lot so we headed there.



The night sky was beautiful.
(And no rain!)


Our truck came in handy once again!


Henry's sister came with us to see the fireworks.


It was neat to watch the sky's color change
as the sun set.  



Standing in the back of the truck to see
the fireworks.  And well....
we could barely see them.  
We were so far away that Scott was 
able to take his noise cancelling head phones off.  
And the bright lights in the Home Depot lot
didn't help the cause.  



The biggest obstacle were the trees 
that had grown since last year.  
Oh well...we had a good time anyway!


We forgot to pack the boy's toothbrushes
for our weekend trip so we bought
these cool light-up brushes for them.
Henry took like 15 pictures of them
trying to a get a picture of both
boy's brushes lit up.  It was so
weird because he could NOT 
get a picture of Scott's orange brush lit up.
Sage's was always lit up.  Scott's never.  



The next day we headed to Daytona Beach
and met up with some friends.
The boys love the beach!
Sage loves to boogie board.  
Scott does not.  


Funny Story:  While at the beach, Scott had to go pee.  I told him that when we are at the beach that he could just pee in the water.  (Don't judge!  :-)  He takes everything very literally.  He turns around, runs to the waterline, drops his shorts, and pees in the water....as everyone watches him.  He didn't have a care in the world.  It was so hilarious....I had just taken a drink of water, and I couldn't swallow the water because I was laughing so hard.  I did what any other mother would....just turned around and pretended like he wasn't my son.  




After the beach, 
we went back to my in-laws
for some DELICIOUS pho!



Then we went to a friend's house to play!
They have all the fun toys!



Serious gaming going on.



Lego time!



Then we went back to my in-laws and played
with more friends!  
This is Jack and Peter.  
The boys love playing with them!
This is Animal Bingo.


Sunday morning, I got up early and went to the farmer's market with my SIL.  It was at the Daytona Flea and Farmer's Market.  It was the largest farmer's market I had ever been to.  TONS of vendors!  

Sunday evening, we drove back to our RV.  It was a great 4th of July weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment