Wednesday, August 6, 2014

First United Methodist Church of Melbourne

Henry had to work in Dallas July 26-31st.  
The boys and I rocked the whole RV-living thing.
It was so nice when Henry returned, though!

On Sunday, July 27th, I took the boys to a church that 
I found online the night before....
to find out that the church was no longer
located at the address online. 

Scott was so upset because he really wanted to 'go to class'.  
I started to drive back to our RV, 
and we saw this church.



The sign outside said that a service was starting at 11:00...
in 15 minutes!

Perfect!




So...I parked, and we went inside.
I was handed a bulletin, then
some teens took us to the kid's area.  
This was a huge church (to us).
Lots of hallways...inside and outside areas.

When we got to the kid's area, 
I was informed that there was no
Sunday School that day.  
Just as I was thinking, "Man, 
we just weren't meant to go to church today"...
she said, "There's class for him"...pointing to Scott...
"just not for the older kids today."

Perfect!

They had little playgrounds in courtyards inside the church.
Pretty neat.  
Scott made this pirate hat in class.  



Scott got to go to class, and Sage sat with me in worship.
The message that day was presented by the youth pastor.
It was all about following your passion for the Glory of God.  

So it all worked out.
We got to go to church, and
Scott got to go to class.

(Sidenote:  It has been really difficult to find a Methodist church that has an 11:00 contemporary service here in Florida.  The contemporary services are earlier like at 8:00 or 9:30 and traditional is at 11:00.  Different than our church at home in Ohio).  

Oh...and gotta add this picture of me that Scott took.
Scott who is 5-years-old picked this dress 
out for me for my birthday back in May (he was still 4 then).  
He told Henry that he wanted to pick out a 
beautiful dress for me for my birthday.  
So deliciously sweet!



(Henry actually requested a picture be taken since he was out of town when I wore it finally...oh...and I didn't wear those flip flops to church  :-).





No comments:

Post a Comment