Friday, April 10, 2015

St. Charles Streetcar Ride in New Orleans

We waited for Henry to get off work today so that he could come downtown with us to New Orleans.  
We wanted to ride a streetcar!
Just seems like something you should do if you are in New Orleans.

I learned beforehand that there are different lines of streetcars. 
I knew that I wanted to try out the St. Charles one.
We knew that we could pay cash...only $1.25/person to ride...and that we just paid when we got on.  
We didn't know, however, where to actually get on...or off.

After we found a place to park our beast of a truck on St. Charles Street, we happened to see another family waiting at this sign.
 So, we just stood next to them 
hoping they knew what they were doing....ha!

They did because minutes later a streetcar comes!







I joined the New Orleans Food Allergy FB 
page to learn about safe restaurants in the 
city for peanut and tree nut allergies.
This Superior Grill was recommended as a 
good place to go with allergies.  We didn't go here, 
but we passed it while we were on the streetcar.  


First streetcar ride for all of us!













We rode the streetcar all the way from Napoleon Street to Bourbon Street.  When we got off, it looked and felt like we were in NYC....almost.  I guess you wouldn't find palm trees in NYC.  


For our picky-eater, 
we went to McDonald's for him.
(He was super happy about getting a 'Home' toy).



Henry, Sage, and I opted for Popeyes.


I got my first Po' Boy sandwich...
spicy chicken.
I don't know if this is 'allowed', but
I put my cole slaw on the sandwich.
It was so good!


Sage loves Popeyes.
(We just started eating Popeyes when we lived in Florida).


Never knew the Po'Boy story.
Here it is if you want to read it too.






Street Dancer








After Scott saw the street dancer, 
he wanted to dance in the street too!







I told Henry, "I'll take this one."




I am a hot mess, but when you are in New Orleans 
you fit in no matter what!













No comments:

Post a Comment