Monday, February 24, 2014

Doctors

One thing to consider when we decided to move down to Florida was having to get all new doctors.  That right there is a full-time job.  We see a lot of doctors, considering we are healthy!  Today, I have spent time scheduling appointments before we take off this summer just so we are all caught up on everything.  I don't want to have to deal with finding doctors and going to appointments as soon as we get down there.

Today I have called:


Sage's Allergist - Appointment to renew Epi-pens and talk about a super, serious prescription allergy medicine for him especially for his spring allergies is this Friday.  I believe he will be 'graduated' up to the adult epi-pen.

My Endocrinologist...This was actually my biggest concern.  I have to make sure that I have enough Synthroid before I leave to last a whole year.  As of right now, I have enough to last me until middle of June so I need to get in to see my doctor which includes me having labs done before that appointment.  He also wants me to have an ultrasound to make sure all is good.  (For those who don't know, I had thyroid cancer 6 years ago.  I have to see my endocrinologist every year and do ultrasounds every year.  I also have to take Synthroid every single morning when I wake up.  I can not (I repeat...can not) go without this medicine).  SO...the receptionist this morning said, "Well, he can see you tomorrow morning at 10:30 or in July."  Great options.  We don't plan on being here in July, so I took the 10:30 appt. for tomorrow, but then called back to cancel it.  Gotta get Scott on the bus at 11:15 so that doesn't work for me.

Pediatrician - Scheduling appt. for Sage's 9-year check-up for April.  Scott won't be due for a well check-up until end of June ....after we have gone...so his doctor said that we schedule an 'ill appt' in May just to get him seen.

Dentist - Scott and I had are 6 month cleanings last week.  I have to go back 1st week of March to have a cavity filled!  (I haven't had a cavity in forever!)  Sage also has his cleaning first week of March.  Henry's appt. is in April.

Dermatologist - Scott has a mastocytoma on his leg that we have to keep watch on.  This appt. is first week of March.

Eye Doctor - We will all have our annual exams in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment