Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Last Day

My last day of work at church was this past Sunday which was Easter Sunday.  I've been employed by our church for about 3.5 years as a childcare provider.  I would work Sunday mornings, occasional weekday evenings, and special events providing care to the littlest ones, infants up to age 3.  Pretty sure it was the best job ever (besides my stay-at-home mom position).  Being around such young ones always brings out the best in me.  They are so sweet, innocent, and silly.  Oh, so silly.  Sure, there were a few rough days when I would be alone with 12 toddlers, 4 of whom would be screaming their heads off...all at the same time.  Overall, though, I always looked forward to going into work.  I couldn't believe that I got paid to do what I did.

I didn't announce to anyone that it was my last day.  I didn't want it to feel so 'official' and 'final'.  It was put in the bulletin, though, that it was my last day.  I had parents come up to me and say such sweet, sweet things to me.  I'm afraid they might now think I'm rude because I would try to get out of the conversation quickly.  Their words were so incredibly kind that they made me want to cry.  I was sad for leaving.  Sad that I wouldn't get to see their children grow and thrive in the next year.  Sad that I wouldn't get to play with them on Sunday mornings anymore.  Sad that I wouldn't be apart of the 'Stonybrook Family'...at least in person.

It was an extreme pleasure to care for God's children.


No comments:

Post a Comment